What's it all about?
The Parenting Garden's mentoring programs are tailored to each child's needs, goals and interests. Trained Kidz Coach, Tanya, utilises animal therapy, nature-based learning and play to develop social skills, emotional regulation and communication skills in line with individual NDIS goals.
Using the four modalities of Connect, Empower, Play and Grow developed by Nichole Hamilton at Children's Safe Space, Tanya intuitively supports children by helping them feel safe, empowered and be their authentic self. Holding space for children in this way makes a huge difference in their emotional wellbeing and behaviours.
Tanya's passion is to empower kids through nature and play, allowing them to be their authentic self and embrace their individual strengths and challenges.
Families can choose which type of mentoring program will best suit their child depending on their interests.
Programs currently available are:
These intuitive-led mentoring programs help children to:
- Develop their exploration of the world
- Relax and de-stress
- Learn to regulate their emotions and change their emotional state
- Improve their cognitive skills and fine and gross motor skills
- Improve their social skills and language development
- Communicate their feelings through fun learning activities and animal interactions
- Develop their self-awareness and self-esteem
- Develop problem solving skills and resilience
- Learn emotional repair tools they can practice at home or school
- Develop self-worth through being of help and value to others
- Connect to nature instead of screens.
If your child struggles with certain childhood problems such as:
- an inability to regulate their emotions
- ASD, ADHD or anxiety
- sensory processing disorder
Or would simply benefit from one on one quality time spent with someone else besides a parent, doing fun and educational activities away from the screen, then your child will LOVE these programs!
Part of the benefit of the mentoring programs is to allow parents and carers some respite to do other activities or just take some time to breathe....
Click on the different programs above to find out more or contact Tanya on:
0448 557 329
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for a friendly chat.