My Bed e Dry™ Fabric & Care
The My Bed e Dry™ is a unique three-product system that works together to keep beds dry during toilet training and bedwetting. It is an innovative and ecologically designed quality product and we are proud to show you why the My Bed e Dry™ ticks all the right boxes in bed sheet protection.
Below we've outlined details on the bed pad layer compositions and their benefits, including details on how to care for your My Bed e Dry™ products.
You will find product details, features and uses of the My Bed e Dry™ here.
Composition of Layers:
The My Bed e Dry™ Waterproof Bed Pads are made up of four layers, each layer playing a distinct role in protecting your child's bed from night time accidents.
Top layer: 100% Bamboo Terry Fabric
Bamboo fibre is an ecological and sustainable product, luxuriously soft and is found to be approximately 60% more water absorbent than cotton. It is natural, green and eco-friendly and is the perfect choice of fabric to be worn next to the skin.
Here are the main benefits of bamboo fabric:
- Bamboo is fast growing and sustainable and no chemicals are used in growing bamboo plants.
- Highly water absorbent and wicks away moisture from the skin.
- Unbelievably soft with its silky smooth feel.
- Naturally anti-bacterial and organically resilient to pests, bacteria and bugs, even when they are on your bed.
- Bamboo fabric will not hold odours. Bamboo fibre has repellent properties against odour-causing bacteria. Urine odour no more!
- Hypoallergenic which means the fibre is less likely to cause allergies.
- Breathable and has excellent insulating properties. This means it provides warmth in Winter and cools in Summer.
- Bamboo fibre is biodegradable which means the fabric breaks down quickly and naturally.
2nd layer: 3D Polyester Construction
An important structure of the My Bed e Dry™ is the unique polyester construction hidden within the pad. This new revolutionary construction is produced via a special knitting technique and its natural ventilating properties make it breathable, light and comfortable. Totally latex free, recyclable and environmentally friendly.
The main role of this innovative layer is to:
- Disperse air and moisture away. Liquid and air pass through the upper surface and the microfilaments helps to transport liquid away, as well as allowing for the flow of air.
- Provide cushioning and allow good distribution of pressure.
- Help the bed pad maintain its shape.
- Allow for quick drying and ease of cleaning.
3rd layer: TPU Film
TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) is an environmentally friendly alternative to PVC and offers many more advantages than PVC has to offer. Not only is TPU highly waterproof and breathable, it is tear resistant, has excellent high strength, tough and contains anti-aging properties. A very similar waterproof fabric to TPU is PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) which is the material used in most other leading brands of bed pads and cloth nappies. Although these are very similar, a major downside of PUL is that it is chemically treated. TPU on the other hand is breathable in that it allows air to pass through yet still forms a waterproof barrier. TPU is manufactured in a more environmentally friendly way than PUL as it is thermally bonded with heat, pressure and adhesive instead of the use of chemicals. This makes it a much softer, pliable and more eco-friendly waterproof option.
Bottom layer: 100% Combed Cotton
Combed cotton is higher-quality and softer than regular cotton due to the combing process applied to the slivers of cotton. Fine brushes are used to pull out any remaining impurities in the threads along with short cotton fibres. Approximately 15% of the volume is removed, leaving behind only long, straight fibres which are even and aligned resulting in finer, stronger and more compact cotton.
Benefits of combed cotton are:
- Eco-friendly renewable resource.
- Soft and gentler, especially suitable for sensitive skin.
- Stronger and less likely to fray, tear or unravel.
- Will not get fuzzy
- Easy to wash.
Plastic Free Packaging:
It makes perfect sense that if a product is made environmentally friendly, so should the packaging.
The My Bed e Dry™ Waterproof Bed Pad Set is packaged in a high quality fabric drawstring bag made from 100% organic cotton! So not only have we kept with our overall eco-friendly concept and eliminated plastic packaging, we have given you a fully biodegradable bag that you can use over and over again! The planet will love you!
This re-usable bag can also be purchased separately here. Makes an ideal eco-friendly gift wrap for your purchases!
Care and Washing Tips:
It is not necessary to wash the My Bed e Dry™ bed pads to activate their absorbency, however we do recommend giving them a quick wash before use to freshen them up and increase the softness of the natural fabrics.
To maintain the special qualities in the fabrics used, it is advised to follow the below care instructions:
- Machine wash cold or warm (up to 60 degrees Celsius) on gentle cycle.
- Line dry only, do not tumble dry.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- Do not iron or dry clean.
- Recommended not to use with electric blankets.
To purchase the My Bed e Dry™ Waterproof Bed Pad Set, click here to be redirected to the product page.