My Bed e Dry™ - What is it and how does it work?
The My Bed e Dry™ is a unique three-product system that works together to keep beds dry during toilet training and bedwetting. It is an innovative and ecologically designed quality product and we are proud to show you why the My Bed e Dry™ ticks all the right boxes in bed sheet protection.
We think it's important you know exactly how environmentally friendly this product is, so here we've outlined details on the bed pad layer compositions and their benefits, including details on how to care for your My Bed e Dry™ products.
Why is the My Bed e Dry™ different to other bed pads?
Unlike other bed pads, The Bed e Dry™ is uniquely designed with two waterproof bed pads and a super-soft waterproof pillowcase that work together to give 'all night' bed protection.
As well as its innovative design and function, the 'e' in The Bed e Dry™ represents its environmental friendliness! Reducing its impact on our earth, it is made from natural sustainable fabrics containing anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic, moisture-absorbing and odour reducing properties.
Because of the softness and smoothness of the bamboo fabric top layer, it is ideal for anyone with skin allergies or irritations. We have even eliminated plastic packaging and it arrives to you in a quality reusable drawstring bag made from 100% organic cotton.
The top layer is 100% bamboo terry which is found to be approximately 60% more water absorbent than cotton. It is natural, green and eco-friendly and is the perfect choice of fabric to be worn next to the skin.
The 3D constructive layer hidden inside the pad disperse air and moisture away and allows for quick drying and ease of cleaning. Totally latex free, recyclable and helps the bed pad maintain its shape.
Unlike most of our competitors who use PUL for their waterproof barrier, we use TPU film which is manufactured in a more environmentally friendly way than PUL. Unlike PUL which is bonded with the use of chemicals, TPU is thermally bonded with heat, pressure and adhesive instead of the use of chemicals. This makes it a much softer, pliable and more eco-friendly waterproof option.
The Bed e Dry™ is finished off with the luxuriously soft 100% combed cotton backing. The soft fibres of combed cotton naturally 'grip' against the bed sheets ensuring the bed pads stay in place. And when folded around the pillow, it feels so soft and gentle against the face and skin.
Click here for further details about the fabrics used and their benefits.
How does the My Bed e Dry™ work?
So simple to use yet so effective!
To prepare for the night:
- Affix the two bed pads together via the press studs
- Position the pads on top of the fitted bottom sheet
- Attach the pillow (with included pillowcase) to the top bed pad
- Flip the top bed pad up and around the pillow
If your child should wet through the night, here's how to change:
- Your child gets out of bed
- Un-clip the wet large bed pad from the pillow and remove
- Fold down the second bed pad and smooth onto the bottom sheet
Here's a quick video on how it works:
So many options - you decide!
The My Bed e Dry™ traditionally comes as two different sized waterproof bed pads and a waterproof pillowcase. However, you can change it to whatever combination you like! You may prefer two smaller bed pads for use in the cot for example, or two of the large bed pads - they all can stud together whichever combination you choose - the choice is yours!
Or you may choose to buy one bed pad for now then another later on, they can all be purchased separately - it will all still fit together to form the My Bed e Dry™.
You always have the option to add on or mix and match later. As your family grows, so too can the My Bed e Dry™.
To see the range of combinations to start with, click here.
So many uses - you choose!
In addition to keeping beds dry, there are so many other uses for the My Bed e Dry™.
Here are just some suggestions:
- Cot protector pad for babies and toddlers (small 70cm x 1m pad)
- Changing mat when out and about.
- Floor mat for baby’s ‘nappy free’ time.
- The My Bed e Dry™ can double up as a ‘sick protector’ to protect the bed when your child is sick and vomiting. Or for even better coverage, use two of the large 1m x 1m pads.
- Wrap the smaller pad around the pillow to protect from dribbles or snot!
- Insert smaller bed pad into a sleeping bag for camping, sleepovers or school camps.
- Backseat of the car to protect from accidental drink or food spills.
- Expectant mums in case their waters should break in bed!
- Used for the elderly in bed, chairs or wheelchairs.
- Waterproof bed or furniture mat for your pet.
What’s not to love about the My Bed e Dry™!